Wednesday, July 8, 2009

An official resident of Bako

I finally made the move to Bakersfield as of July 5. The 3 hours of driving and unloading the Uhaul at 4pm in the sweltering heat was such a joy. Thankfully I had my mom there to help me unpack and decorate my new place and I had Bonzai there to entertain me and be a pest. He did not enjoy being put in his crate while we unloaded the Uhaul and he let me know by barking and howling (his new thing). I already felt as if I was going to be evicted my first day there due to my usually well behaved pup. As you can see from the pics Bonzai was quite a help in the unpacking process by climbing on top or into boxes and inside of cupboards!!

I actually really like my apartment, I mean it's no Dominion Courtyard Villa like in Fresno, but it's a decent size, in a nice area and close to pretty much everything I need. I have had to adjust to taking Bonzai outside on a leash everytime he needs to take care of business especially since I have had the luxury of just opening the sliding door into the backyard for him! I only got to spend two days at the apartment before heading back north to Modesto to bring my mom back but I'm actually looking forward to going back and enjoying having my own place, even if it is in Bakersfield!!


1 comment:

Brianne said...

He is SO adorable! I'm so glad you two are getting all settled into your new place and you that you like it.
It is such a pain to have a dog at an apartment and do the whole leash thing but you get used to it. And we used to cheat when no one was looking and let Dakota off of hers. :)
Thanks for sharing the pics! Hope to see ya up here again soon!