Sunday, January 18, 2009

Internship interviews

So I have finished my internship interviews and now have to wait until February 20 to find out if I was matched with either one of the sites I went to. Because I have absolutely no patience whatsoever, this is the most annoying experience ever!! I interviewed at Valley State Prison for Women in Chowchilla and at first I thought that I would not do well working with an all female population but after meeting some of the staff and talking with the current interns, I really want to go there. It would also be nice because then I could live in Fresno and just commute to Chowchilla, but overall the training and experience available there sounds very appealing and exciting to me. However I'm not so sure about my interview because I felt like I just rambled on and didn't really answer their questions but at least I had them laughing at times!! Also, they have to remember me because I was the unlucky girl who did not get gate clearance because of the system being down and so the interview panel had to come up to the front admin building to interview me, and at that point I had been the only person to not have gate clearance. Anyways, my hour interview was shortened down to 30 minutes, which could be viewed as a good thing but I felt that I was speed talking and not making much sense! Oh well. Last Friday, I headed down to good ole' Bakersfield and interviewed there. I have to be honest that I'm not the biggest fan of Bakersfield but if I have to live there for a year for an internship that's better than not having an internship at all. So now I just wait and see what happens and where I will be spending the next year of my life!

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Crossing my fingers for you! You make it sound like you totally sucked it up and I know that can't be true. If they can't see what an intelligent and awesome candidate you are...they're blind! Good luck and keep me posted on how it goes.